Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How nostalgic...

Lately I have not been in SL much...
Just today, I paid a visit to Luna. My very first store is still there. Even though it looks pathetically small and people rarely go there anymore, it still brings back memories.

I started my SL as a small, tiny, unimportant avatar. No friend, no money, no place to call home. (man, don't we all... XD). I recall how SL - still a pretty bare environment back then - has hit me dramatically with all of its vibrant prospects.

Then it all began fromt there

I have always loved computer graphic, and video games XD. So when I found out about SL being a "world entirely created by its residence", I thought to myself: "This is it! This is what I have always been looking for..."

But when I started I don't even have a cent in my pocket. So I started saving money to upload textures and rent a vendor space. I can pay to set up everything, but it would kill the excitement, don't you think?

In the end, I didn't succeed. lol. The money I earned from *camping* (rofl) was not even enough for me to buy myself anything, except for the so-called 'freebies'. So I spent most of my time at a place that have lots of games. You pay to play and get rewarded for winning. Slowly I found my budget building up...

But that's still not enough. Lol. At the time you would need about L$200 per week to rent a small vendor space with very few prims.

But I didn't give up.

One day, when I was playing the games as usual, there came a very nice lady who were interested in how desperate I was (lol). She carries a lot of super cool weapons (Please don't mind me, back then the standard of "cool" weapon was very different from now) and even started playing a flute (She composed the tune herself, so cool!)

We talked for a long time, and she took me to places (including the House of Blade Mall, but sadly I wasn't allowed into the arena). We parted way there.

*Ends of flashbacks - part 1*

To be continued... lol.

1 comment:

Limit Infinity said...

Hi tohru. I am very impressed at your story. I've visited your shop from time to time, and I know you are a good designer.
I am waiting for the next story.